Tuesday, July 27, 2010

3 Months Old

   Time is traveling way to fast.  I realize that I say that all the time, but it never ceases to amaze me how I blink and my baby isn't a newborn anymore.  She is growing and changing all of the time.  She hardly looks like the infant I brought home 3 short months ago. 
   On the flip side though, she smiles and is on the brink of laughing.  It mostly comes out as a grunt with an occasional squeal, but she's close!  Kaden started actually belly laughing at his 3 month photo shoot with Carpenter Photography just a couple of days after he turned 3 months.  We are about a week and a half after Kindi's (I know, I am slow getting these up.  Sorry!) so I expect to hear that wonderful baby belly laugh any day now.  I love the milestones.
As it seems is always the case these days, Kindi was fighting a bit of a cold when we took these pictures.  She did a good job anyways. 
Isn't her dress cute!  The Wahl's gave that to us.
Just playing a bit.  I downloaded Gimp for photo editing, but I never have the time to figure out how to use it so I just use my basic Picasa.
It is so much fun to see how different and how similar Kaden and Kindi look.  I love comparing Kaden's monthly birthdays with Kindi's.
   Thrilling news!  Okay, so maybe it won't be incredibly exciting for you, but for me?  Oh, yeah.  I finally got a remote for my camera!!!  So what that means is that I can set my camera up on a tripod and stand across the room to take a picture!  It will be great for family photos at Christmas, no more pressing the button, then running to your spot and waiting, and wondering, did it take the pic yet?  Now I can just set up, walk calmly to my designated position and say 'Smile!', and with the click of a button concealed in my hand we have a family portrait.
   It also works great for taking pictures of little kids who have a tendency to tip over when you let go.  In the above picture I have my hands under Kindi's skirt helping her to balance while she stands.  I couldn't do that before!  Of course the problem is that if they move they might not be fully in the picture. 
This one is my favorite.  I finally got a full smile out of her and her cute little hat (which is way to big) is actually on her head!  Too bad she started tipping right as I clicked the button.

1 comment:

  1. Pretty cute. *smile* Congratulations on the new toy for your camera. *smile* It's crazy how fast they grow! She is darling. *smile* Thank you for sharing these pictures with us. Sincerely, Mommy of two little blessings & so much more!

    ReplyDelete