Monday, October 26, 2009

Rice Spill

Kaden has gotten really good at entertaining himself. He loves to explore around the house, finding new things to play with and make a mess with. His favorites being to throw my books off of the bookcase, spread all of his books and the DVD's around the living room, and strip the shelf in the kitchen of all the pitchers, bowls and lids that he can. About a week ago or so, he created his best mess yet...
Can you tell what that is? That is approximately half a 5 gallon bucket of rice. We have a couple of buckets stacked up in the corner with bulk foods. Well the handle on the top one was facing out instead of into the wall and he tried to use it to pull himself up... Unfortunately down he came with the bucket spilling it's contents all over him.
The cool part about this? When you crawl really fast through the rice, back and forth, it makes really neat sounds!
I salvaged what I could from the top layer, and then attempted to clean things up. Have you ever tried to clean up a pile of rice while your 10 month old is crawling back and forth in it! And short of locking him in his room, I couldn't keep him out of it. It was just too much fun!
Of course he wanted to 'help' when he saw what I was doing!
He took the dust pan and hand broom from me and began to 'clean'.
Hooray! I did it!
Okay, so maybe he didn't help much, but he sure looks cute trying! Luckily for me Daddy came home shortly after this and took Kaden to play while I finished cleaning up.

No comments:

Post a Comment