Thursday, May 26, 2011

Dress Up

My best friend, Julie, told me about some pictures that a friend of hers did with her little girl.  I fell in love with the idea and decided that I just had to steal it!
She put her little girl in her wedding dress!  And the plan is to take a picture of Kindi in my dress every year.  It will measure how much she grows as well as just be stinkin adorable!  She wasn't terribly impressed with the idea this first year, but I hope that as she gets older she will enjoy it and look forward to it too.  I debated about doing this with my wedding dress.  What if it gets ruined?  Then I thought, What IF it gets ruined?  It isn't like I am ever going to wear it again and Kindi is going to want to pick her own wedding dress (Ugh... I can't think about THAT yet!).  Even if I wanted to put it on again it will never fit me.  Having nursed two babies...  if I did ever manage to get my waist that small again I certainly wouldn't be comfortable going out in public spilling out the top!  With those thoughts in mind I was also brave enough to cut out the built in bra.  It made it much easier to take pictures that didn't look completely ridiculous on Kindi.  Having cups sticking out of her belly button was just not working for me!
We couldn't leave Kaden out of this little dress up episode, but obviously I couldn't put him in my dress too!  Okay, I suppose that isn't entirely true.  He is young enough right now that he doesn't know that boys don't wear dresses.  He would have done it and loved it, but Jeremy wouldn't have been to thrilled and there is no way I am going to talk a 13 year old boy into putting my wedding dress on for his yearly picture!  So we went with Daddy's suit coat instead.  Jeremy rented his tux for the wedding so I don't have that, but he does own a very nice suit that will work just as well.  Kaden loved it!  He giggled and begged me to put it back on him when it fell off time and time again.  When he started getting a little bit wild and I put the coat away, it devestated him!  He cried and threw himself on his bed begging to have Daddy's coat back, please, please, pleeeeassse.  So I don't think it will be a problem to get him to put it back on next year!
Kindi was way more impressed with my veil than with my dress!
This picture of Kaden is so great!  He was having such a blast dancing and being a man just like Daddy.
This was one of the first pictures I took of Kindi, before I took the scissors to my dress.  It still turned out very sweet though.
I sure do have beautiful children!  What a wonderful blessing they have been in our lives.  We had a rough road getting them here, but no pain or sorrow compares with the joy that they bring to us every day.  God is good!

2 comments:

  1. Saw that idea too, talked it over with my beloved and we decided not to. Yours look cute though. *smile* I like the jacket idea too. *smile* Have a wonderful day with your two little ones. *smile* Sincerely, Mommy of two little blessings & so much more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww those turned out great! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete