Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Such a Big Boy

Mom I noticed the floors were a little dirty, let me help you out.
He is working so hard.
I did it!
Now for the real story! My new house has mostly laminate floors which look very nice, but always feel dirty. (We put carpet over it in Kaden's room which probably will make some people gasp!) I desperately need to get a rug, and plan on checking out IKEA to see what they have, but so far haven't found the time to get up there (any great rug shops you have to recommend? Great=Inexpensive). My kitchen/dining area is linoleum, ugly linoleum at that. So I spend a lot of time sweeping, or trying to sweep! Whenever I get the broom out Kaden is there to grab it and 'help' me out. He works hard at it, bless his heart, but really is no help at all! In fact his favorite place to sweep is the pile of dust I managed to collect before he swiped the broom from me. If I don't share the broom then he just sits in my pile of dust and plays in it. So now I sweep everything under a chair or a table a little bit at a time, then all I have to do is move the table or chair and sweep it into the dustpan. :)
The instant the refrigerator is opened Kaden comes running. The boy has hawk ears! He pulls open the second drawer from the bottom, reaches in...
and starts popping grapes!
Good thing grapes are good for him! At least this keeps him from pulling everything off of the shelves as fast as he can.

1 comment:

  1. It might take longer now, but someday he'll be a HUGE help! :)

    I can't go next week, but after that if you want to take a trip up to IKEA just let me know, you MIGHT even convince me to drive....maybe ;)

    ReplyDelete