Friday, April 24, 2009

Catching you up...

Kaden practices sitting up alone.
My little boy is growing up so fast!  I know, I say that all the time, but it's true!  I suppose they all grow up this fast, I remember Jeni's kids growing up fast too, but it seems to be different with my own son.  I guess I expected Jeni's kids to be different and more grown up every time I saw them.  I wasn't there every day watching it happen right before my eyes though.  What an amazing time of life!  
Kaden is so close to sitting up all by himself.   I'm amazed at how well he uses his hands, and his feet!  When I tickle his belly he wraps his arms and his legs around my arm.  He can grab anything that is within arms length and shove it in his mouth, and is strong enough to hold on to my fingers and pull himself up to a standing position.  Of course he has been doing that for awhile.
Look at all the chubs!
When we had those glorious hot days earlier this week my son had a tough time adjusting.  It didn't help that he was still dealing with his cold.  One day he was screaming and screaming.  He wouldn't be consoled, I even tried to feed him and he sucked for a few moments then started howling again... Okay... if Kaden won't eat... something is REALLY wrong!  Turns out he was just very hot.  Poor little guy.  I took a cold damp washcloth and patted him down with it.  He smiled and giggled at me and was his normal cheerful self once again.  
I have a drooling problem!
So if you have spent any time with Kaden you know that he already has a drooling issue... it seems to be significantly worse with this cold.  Poor little guy, I just can't keep him dry!

1 comment:

  1. I love the chub shot...he looks so snuggly and cute! Now I understand why old women pinch kids cheeks :)

    ReplyDelete