Monday, April 27, 2009

'Solids'

Sunday evening we introduced our quickly growing little boy to 'solid' food.  
Kaden's very first bite of rice cereal.
Is this supposed to be good?

We were so excited to try out this new stage with Kaden last night.  Our Doctor gave us the okay to try 'solid' food if Kaden was acting interested in it.  Since he watches us eat and studies us very intently as we bring the fork or spoon to our mouths, we decided he was interested.  Especially when he started opening his mouth like a little bird waiting for his share.  :) 
He was very eager to try it.  When I held his little spoon in front of him he opened wide and tried to lean into it.  :)  He knew that I was going to put that green thing in his mouth!  
So, did he like it?  I don't think he even knows the answer to that question.   He definitely liked eating it off of the spoon, although I don't know if much of it actually made it into his belly.  Lots on his face and dribbled down his front though.  We will keep trying it until he figures out how to do it.   I don't think he smiled at us at all, instead giving us a slightly confused and bewildered look.  I imagine that rice cereal isn't an overwhelmingly exciting taste sensation... I really didn't have any desire to try it for myself though.  
The great thing about starting it now, is that he is still getting everything he needs from nursing, this is just a learning experience for him.  When he gets to the point of needing other foods, it will be old hat to him.  Plus, I am getting a kick out of it!  We will be trying some more at his 10 o'clock feeding this morning too.  I'm kind of excited to see what he does when we start introducing veggies.  He already makes some pretty great faces!  Of course I am none too eager for him to grow up too quickly either.  :)


Mom I think the spoon is broken, this stuff keeps falling out!


No airplane noises needed here!


       Leaning in.                    Kaden wonders what his Daddy is giving him.
I made sure that Daddy got a chance to feed Kaden too.  I figured I shouldn't hog all of the fun!  (That is why the arm in the pictures gets really hairy in the end!  Just figured I would let you know that wasn't mine.  Just in case...)

1 comment:

  1. I was wondering if you had super hair growing abilities! Ok I didn't, but it did make me laugh when I was going through your facebook photos!

    ReplyDelete