Saturday, April 21, 2012

2 and Beautiful

And because no birthday is complete around here without a photo session, here are Kindi's two year pictures!  Edited with my new Wish photoshop actions.  I have taken my wedding dress pictures as well so hopefully I'll get those edited and posted soon too.
I didn't actually use any actions on this one, she is making a funny face, but it is one of very few that you can actually see her teeth.  Or the lack of top front teeth anyways.  When she was just itty bitty, 7 months I believe, she chipped her front right tooth.  She had developed a really bad habit when she was mad of slamming whatever object she could get her hands on into her mouth.  At least that's what I assume she did to bust it.
Well a few weeks ago we were playing over at Mom's house and mom asked me if Kindi had chipped a tooth.  I blew it off, Oh yeah, she did that forever ago.  Later that afternoon we were playing at home and Kindi growled at me and I did a double take.  Wait a minute?!  Where is her tooth?  Sometime in the last day?  Maybe two days?  She had broke off her left front tooth, not quite at the gums.  I have no idea when she did, or how she did it.  The only thing I could think of is that maybe she had fractured it on one of her recent falls?  I did remember her hitting her face on the coffee table a few days before.  So maybe she had fractured it and then it just snapped off later?  She didn't throw any massive fits like you would expect from breaking a tooth.  It is still a mystery.  Now sadly she will have to wait to get her two front teeth until her adult ones come in.  Sheesh!
Kindi's a sentimental little thing.  She has never been the cuddler that Kaden is, but lately she has decided she loves to have mommy sit on the couch with her to snuggle.  She is always coming to me with her blanky, binky and baby begging me to come sit on the couch and snuggle with her.  I wish I could type it so you could hear the way she says it.  It's something to the effect of 'chungel', but since you haven't heard it before you probably didn't say it quite right in your head!  But let me tell you, if she ever asks you to snuggle with her, you won't be able to say no!
One of her most favorite sayings is 'Love you MUCH!'.  The first time she said it to me it shocked me and melted my heart!  I had just put her in bed and finished singing her a song when she cheerfully told me, 'Love you MUCH!'.  I had no idea where she got that from, until the next night when I realized that I had been saying it to her for months.  After singing to her I would say, 'Goodnight princess, I love you very much.'  Obviously she had been paying attention.  Talk about precious!
My beautiful Kindi.  She is the sweetest, cutest little thing.  She has a temper that is going to try my patience as she gets older.  She's incredibly smart and picks up on everything around her.  She adores her brother, and often calls him Boy.  (Due to playing puppies a time too many I guess.)  She is usually obedient, but once in awhile she bares her stubborn streak and I cringe thinking about her teen years.  And she is such an amazing blessing sent straight from God.  I pray daily that God will give me the wisdom I need to be the mother she needs.  Nothing could be worse than to watch a child walk away from God, so that is where my prayers are focused.  Please Lord give me the wisdom to raise her (and Kaden) to know and love you with all their beings.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous girl, and those actions are nice! It's awesome they work with Elements. My old elements didn't do them at all!

    Kindi IS such a blessing! I'm so thankful for both her and Kaden :) they make my heart feel good every time I'm around them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they work with 7 and up, some only work for 9 and 10. So now that I have Elements 10 I get to play with them. Now I want to buy more. hehe

      I'm so glad! They enjoy you too. There is nothing quite like the love of a child to make you smile! :)

      Delete