Friday, April 13, 2012

Lambing Barns

Well since I'm terrible at keeping my blog up to date I didn't post about last years trip to the Wahl family lambing barns, but I did in 2010 .  I posted it in May, but we must have gone just a couple of weeks before Kindi was born.  Last year Kindi was not quite one, so it was difficult for her to get around in the hay, but this year she was all over the place.  (I refuse to admit that she will be two on Monday!)  The kids loved to hang out in the bummer lamb pin.  (Bummer lambs don't have a mommy and are bottle fed until they can be grafted onto a ewe.)    Kindi would go in and start 'Maaaaaa'-ing at the lambs expecting them to come to her.  She kept freaking out and bawling, but it wasn't until we went back the next day that I realized it was because she was mad that the sheep weren't obeying her.  She was telling them to come to her so she could hold and pet them, but sheep are not very obedient creatures.  It really upset her!
Willing the lamb to come to her!
Kaden didn't wait for the lambs to come to him.  He just plowed in and picked them right up.  The tricky part was getting him to watch out for the other lambs sleeping in the pin.
She was so excited when I pulled one of the lambs out for her to hold.
Kaden watched me feed one of the lambs, but wasn't content to help me hold the bottle.  Here he is trying to wrestle a lamb into eating.  He was not successful.
When he got tired of the lambs he decided to throw hay.
And lay down and roll in the hay.

Then a couple of the girls brought out the puppies!  Oh my!  We were all three in love.  I'm seriously wanting a puppy right now.  Watching how much the kids enjoyed loving on the puppy was so much fun.  They were both so sweet.
Look Mom, a puppy!
He looks so much like a little boy these days.  His baby face is pretty much gone.
Such a gentle puppy.  He didn't mind one bit that Kindi was carrying him like a sack of potatoes.
Kaden couldn't get enough of the puppy.  He cuddled, and played and giggled.
Making friends.
Is this precious or what?!

No comments:

Post a Comment