Saturday, April 21, 2012

Happy Birthday Kindi Kae!

My sweet little baby is two.  TWO!  I can't believe how fast time moves.  I realize I say that about as often as I remember to post to this blog... but I can't help it.  Whenever I stop to think about how old my kids are getting I can't fathom how it happened!
We had a mini birthday party for her at my parents house Sunday after church.
Kindi was so cute while opening her presents.  She quickly and efficiently tore a present open, exclaimed over it (My Jammies!  My book!  My Baby Blankie!) and then promptly set it off to the side in a pile.  Okay, actually she SET the first few in a pile, then she just chucked the rest onto the pile.  She obviously didn't have enough time to be neat about it.
Kaden did a good job with letting Kindi open her own presents, but he stuck pretty close to check things out.  Here he is demonstrating how to use her new Farm Faces book.
Kindi was quite impressed with her new 'pincess' (aka princess) chair.  She has a hard time getting all the way into it, so she ends up reclined with her feet either in the air or propped up on the seat.
Grandma got her a balance bike.  She is just barely too short for it right now, but she should be able to start using it before summer ends.  I'd never heard of a balance bike before.  They don't have training wheel, and they don't have pedals.  They are supposed to push themselves with their feet and as they get better they can pick up their feet and coast.  It is to help them learn how to balance on two wheels, supposedly it makes it a lot easier for kids to learn to ride a two wheel bike.  Learning to pedal is a lot easier than learning to balance.
Maybe it will help Kaden develop some balance.
Kindi's favorite movie right now is 'Monkey George', or Curious George as he is more commonly known.  So I made her a monkey cake.  She was thrilled.
She's all about blowing out those candles.  Deep breath!
Then lean right in and try not to burn your nose!
On Monday (Kindi's actual birthday) Jeremy brought two purple carnations home for Kindi.  She was in awe over her flowers.  She carried them around most of the evening and was excited to see them again the next day.  I told Jeremy that he'd just started a tradition, which he had already figured out.  It will be fun to see how she looks forward to her birthday flowers from daddy as she grows.

No comments:

Post a Comment