Friday, April 20, 2012

3 and handsome as can be.

Well since I was going to post about Kindi's birthday, I figured I had better post about Kaden being 3 first!  So here he is.  My son is no longer a baby, he is definitely a little boy now.  As much as I like to pretend he isn't growing up at the speed of light, I can't stop him.  But I am continually amazed at how he just gets more and more fun.  And funnier!  He has such a cute sense of humor, and the things he says sometimes!
The men in Jeremy's family all wink.  And they all do it exactly the same.  It's a little bit eerie when you experience it for the first time.  Kaden, being a Wells male, has officially started his training in the art of winking.  He has a ways to go to match his Daddy, but golly is he ever cute when he tries.  He has to squint both eyes shut, then open his right eye.  He's quite proud of his accomplishment though.
The other day Kaden was trying to get Daddy to play with him.  He'd followed him into the kitchen and was pulling on him, but Jeremy had to go to the bathroom.  Kaden watched him go in and close the door then he ran over to the door and started pounding on it with both fists.  "I know you're in there!", he hollered.  Where does he get this stuff!?
As crazy and rambunctious as he is, Kaden is also so sweet.  He is always hunting me down for a long hug, he loves it when we sit with him on the couch to watch a movie, and I can always count on him for a kiss.  I love those moments, nothing beats an unprompted 'Mama?  I love you!'.   What a blessing he is!
I have recently upgraded my editing software to Elements 10 and purchased some editing actions from Wish Photography.  She is always doing great sales and giving away extra products.  So this is the first time I have really had a chance to play with her actions.  She also puts out some great tutorials and I have learned the benefits of shooting in RAW mode (as apposed to the common JPEG) and using manual settings.  Hopefully my photography will start showing some improvements, I know I am enjoying learning to use these new things.  And they make editing more fun, easier, and I feel like my images are turning out a little bit more 'professional'.  I've always struggled when shooting 'in studio', and these last sessions with my kids were so much easier.  Now if I can just get them to sit still!

1 comment:

  1. Ok the wink is cracking me up! I can't wait to see that one in person :)

    And yes, your shots are getting better and better each time!

    ReplyDelete