Thursday, September 23, 2010

Baking with Mama

Remember that zucchini mess?  Well I guess I didn't learn my lesson!  Okay maybe I did, but I determined that including my son and teaching him how to be helpful, follow directions and obey was more important.  Man being a mom is tough sometimes!  And I wouldn't trade it for the world.
I have a wonderful Kitchen Aide mixer that I would definitely recommend to anyone, but Kaden doesn't think that is nearly as much fun as a spoon.  So even though I did actually mix my chocolate zucchini bread with it Kaden got a spoon to help while we measured ingredients.  Did you catch that?  *Kaden* got a spoon.  He is so tall now that he can get into the top drawers to get his own 'schooon'.
Helping dump in the sugar!
So I probably shouldn't let people see these pictures, because I did give some of the bread away and Jeremy would be thoroughly disgusted... but it's been long enough.   Kaden was resting his mouth on the edge of the bowl while he stirred.  When I told him not to he put the end of his spoon in his mouth instead.
As I was putting eggs, oil and vanilla in the bowl Kaden kept saying, 'One more.' trying to coax me to put more into the bowl for him to stir and splash all over the counter.
Eventually we succeeded and had 4 loaves of bread in the oven.
Then came the shore of shredding all of the extra large zucchinnis to freeze for winter zuchinni bread fixes.
He concentrates so hard and really accomplishes nothing.
Checking to see if he has actually shredded any yet!
Then he let me do the shredding and he put it into a bucket to be measured and bagged.
Another day we did some baking more to Kaden's liking.  A major ingredient was crushed up graham crackers.  Give him a meat mallet and permission to smash things and he is a happy boy.

1 comment:

  1. Very cute. I love the meat mallet ones. *smile* Enjoy your time in the kitchen. Sincerely, Mommy of two little blessings & so much more!

    ReplyDelete