Thursday, September 23, 2010

Tub Time

Kaden has recently started laying on his back in the tub.  He used to love to lay in the bath, but lately he preferred to be on his tummy.  The first time he did this was so funny to watch.  He slowly started to lower himself back into the tub, a grimace on his face that would make you think he was laying on nails.  Then when he rolled over to sit up again he got a face full of water and came up sputtering, shocked that the water had attacked him.  Did that slow him down?  Of course not!  He tackled that tub once again and when he came up this time he mastered it.
Believe it or not, when he gets out of the tub we wrap him up in his cute little towels and he loves them.  In fact he eagerly waits while we place them on his head (He has a duck and a shark.) then count to 4 as we wrap the towel and then his arms around the towel to hold it in place.  While I unplug the drain he takes two steps out the bathroom door, drops the towel and is off to enjoy his short stint in the nude.  And unless I want to clean up some sort of unsightly puddle, it is a VERY short stint!
Well Kori was the only one who would look at me, but after a long afternoon of playing in the sprinklers and the sandbox I tossed everyone in the bath. I'm sure you can imagine how filthy kids get when they play in a sandbox after running through the sprinklers!   And after seeing them all sitting in the tub it reminded me of a picture of me and my cousins so I just had to take this one.  I guess at least these guys are even.  My tub picture was me and my four boy cousins.

1 comment:

  1. That was cute. Our son is now taking showers because he LOVES to splash the water OUT of the tub if I don't hurry up and wash him. *smile* He does a pretty good job, but the looks he gets are pretty cute. I try to tell him it's like the rain, but he is not sure of that yet. *smile* Our daughter loves to lay back in the tub too. *smile* Have a great day with your little ones. Sincerely, Mommy of two little blessings & so much more!

    ReplyDelete